Re: Usage: SwishSpider localpath url?

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:57:23 GMT
Ben Caldwell wrote:
> Pulled the following note out of the list archives and wondered if someone
> might be able to help me troubleshoot a bit further. Am hoping to make some
> small indexes of external sites and merge them with our current filesystem
> indexes, but am unsure about how to interpret the message "SwishSpider
> localpath url" message. Have checked the TmpDir setting to no avail and
> hoped that someone else has conquered this speed bump. I've never worked
> with the HTTP method before and am a bit unclear about which patches (if
> any) I ought to be using on swishspider as well.

The Usage method comes up when swishspider is invoked with the wrong
number of arguments.  Make sure there are no spaces in the TmpDir
setting.

One thing that would be interesting to try is to add the following line:
  print STDERR join(" ", @ARGV) . "\n";

immediately after the usage message and just before the exit statement.
That way, you can see exactly what arguments swishspider is getting
which could help you track down what's going on.

moo
        Ron Samuel Klatchko - Senior Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com