Re: Dutch Stopword list for Swish-E 2.0

From: Bas Meijer <bas(at)not-real.antraciet.nl>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 13:38:29 GMT

>I have also looked at your lookup package, but not a very
>deep look.
>I really like some of its features, specially the
>cgi samples.
>
>I f you do not mind, we could add some of your work to
>swish-e-2.0 package.

>cu
>Jose

Hi Jose,

Be sure to include these files from my swish version for easier compilation:

Makefile.in
configure
configure.in

(are you familiar with autoconf? the configure script will look
around your system to find compilers and such, it will generate a
Makefile customized for you. You might want to change Makefile.in so
it's input is correct for your version, configure.in is probably
fine) The webmasters only use will be:

./configure
make install

(No need to edit makefiles greatly enhances the user experience)

Also include the Manpage: swish-e.1 and it's textversion swish-e.txt

You can include the cgi scripts as they fully implement swish-e's capabilities.
They are also much more secure than some other perl scripts around
because, on unix, they call swish-e in a way that excludes shell
escapes and includes system error messages, even when swish-e is not
found or malfunctions. The cgi's also parse the output header and
include that in their output (maintainer, indexing date, number of
words and files). You can use a template.html with your house-style.

I've included auto-swish, it used to be a separate package, but that
had some security concerns, my version in Lookup 1.4.2 is much more
robust in that area:
there is a password protected admin area and other areas are protected as well.
These protections rely on your webservers 'Basic' password protection
and on file permissions. However the use of autoswish requires a
security audit. (as any webserver does).

When Swish-e 2.0 is final I'll update Lookup to use it's new capabilities.

(Lookup can be found at http://bas.antraciet.nl/lookup)

drop me a line if you use it...

Kind regards,

Bas Meijer