RE: swish-e future

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:34:20 GMT

  IMO usefull...
  Put there is only one call to swish, so what to to into the module?

>2. Add Files to the index file
>3. Delete Files from the index file
 maybe usefull in some cases.
 Add can be implemeted as "index a file and merge indexes" (?)

>4. Better XML integration
 IMO necessary, but not only XML.
 See other mail from me. - There are new formats upcoming - like wml (WAP).

>5. Multidocument Files. This will allow to write filters for
>SQL databases. Needs to define a document separator.
 ?? sorry, to understand this fully, I need an example.
 Basically, you can use the filter feature to index e.g. a database.
 But you need a search (cgi script), which generates a proper URL
 to retrieves and display this information stored in the db.

>8. Compression of file information. Perhaps using zlib...
>(need to check the possible impact in performance).
 Yep, optional via a config switch would be OK.
 So you can decide between speed and small storage.

>9. Someone asks for unicode support...
 Can't this not be handled yet? (WordChars)

>10. Option to retrive documents with words highlighted
>in some way.
 This is to be done in the search cgi script and the output generator...
 Could be easily done for static html files - but not for dynamic or
 SSI files (you would need a postprocessor for the searchengine build
 into the webservers output stream).

>12. Stemming modules for non english languages.
  Ok would be nice, but how to configure?

cu rainer

This Mail has been checked for Viruses

* * *

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte Mails koennen NICHT geprueft werden !