RE: Filter, 2.0, ishtml

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 07:53:54 GMT
Hi!

As I remember the subroutine countwords (index.c) should do all the
indexing of a file. This routines treats all input like HTML, so
text input is a "HTML file with no tags".

But the index process has still some design flaws.

E.g.:  there are still "small" bugs:
    - Filesize is wrong (== 0) on filtered files.
    - No Title for filtered files (e.g.: PDF-Subject or Title Fields)
    - Checking only for HTML file on the extension
       'html, shtml, htm' e.g. fails, if  - as we do - you
       are using apache multiviews features. In this case filenames
       are named:  foo.htm.de, foo.htm.en, foo.htm.es, etc.

So there should be a config of a mime-type config feature,
and/or better a kind of a "magic" - feature.

But the only effect I got so far, is:
 ... the HTML/PDF/DOC title tag is not retrieved...

Perhaps we should do a little redesign here in maybe V2.1.

cu - rainer