Filter, 2.0, ishtml

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 04:12:03 GMT
Is there some way to indicate that a filter returns HTML instead of
text?  If not, perhaps we should come up with some way to specify that a
particular file extension or filter returns HTML.  Hard coding the
(is)HTML file extensions into the binary just doesn't make sense to me.

As an example, I wrote a filter to pass my PHP documents through the PHP
CGI so I don't have to use the Robot to index all of my meta data and
such.  I can do it in the filesystem mode with the filtering.  The
result is HTML, of course.  For the moment, I hacked up fs.c to treat
.php3 files as HTML.  (BTW, It works marvelously! :-)

In fact, I was thinking that it might be possible, perhaps with some
modifications, to combine the filtering and HTTP mode with WGet to
create an enormously more powerful robot than the simple PERL script
provided.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039