Re: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE (m)

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 10:29:07 GMT
Dear David,

I have tried SWISHE_2.exe on two test indexes under NT4, running from the
command line.

In the first test, the program crashed whilst indexing the first HTML (the
PHRASEm build managed to build an index but I was unable to search that
index - PHRASEm did not crash). In the second test the index built ok but
the search hung.

This is very interesting, because the reason I am trying to use the new
Swish is that swish_132.exe is currently crashing under NT. The crash I am
getting is an illegal write through esi just into a function. Without
debugging information I could not say what that function is. I can't quite
read the machine code because I am not used to reading pipelined code, but
it appears to be the 2nd or 3rd variable updated - probably a loop counter
judging by the dec followed by je.

Could you send me an .exe with debugging symbols to see if I can trace this
crash? I realise that the debug .exe will have a different layout and that
if esi is getting garbage then it the debug version might run ok. I'd still
like to try it.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Humphries