New beta version

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 09:16:41 GMT
Hi all,

At last here is the new version. I have changed the
name to swish-e-2.0-beta1.tar.gz

Download it from http://www.boe.es/swish-e

I have rewritten the and, phrase and not functions
to achieve better performance in searching (Or function
was rewritten in a previous version) You will experience the
improvement if your databases are big and your searches tend
to give you many documentes and the intermediate operations
are heavy. For example:
(yourword and a*)
(yourword not a*)
("yourword a*")

It contains a fix to use WordCharacters while
parsing the search string as suggested by Bill Moseley.

It also includes the patch to popen from Rainer
Scherg.

Not yet fixed: It does not work in FreeBSD as reported
by David Norris.

BTW, I will be on hollidays (lucky me!!) from June 30 to
July 17. So, I could not attend this list these days.

cu

Jose Ruiz

jmruiz@boe.es