Skip to main content.
home | support | download

Back to List Archive

Patches applied - bug

From: PropheZine Webmaster <bob(at)not-real.prophezine.com>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 00:23:38 GMT
Hi:

I inserted 3 patches and received an error when running the spider.  I
thought I messed up when patching so I took a source from Dave Adams and
inserted the patches again.  I compiled swish-e and uploaded.  Also uploaded
the spider.  See the error report below when I telneted in and ran swish-e

I started with 1.3.2

1.  I applied the stemmer patch
2.  applied the spider and spider2 patches

I get this error when I try to run the code with any site in the config
file:

Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
retrieving http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/ (0)...
Undefined subroutine &main::header called at ./swishspider line 50.

The IF statement

if( substr($response-header("content-type"), 0, length("text/html")) eq
"text/html" ) {

	open( LINKS, ">$localpath.links" ) || die( "Could not open links file
$localpath.links\n" );
	$p = HTML::LinkExtor->new( \&linkcb, $url );
	$p->parse( $contents );

	close( LINKS );
    }

Appears to cause an error.  Please let me know if I did something wrong.

Bob
----------------------------------------
Bob Lally
Owner/CEO PropheZine
bob@prophezine.com
http://www.prophezine.com
Received on Fri Jun 23 20:38:47 2000