Re: AOL Search

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 23:19:36 GMT
Mark Howison wrote:
> directly to the results from the first search.  The only way to do
> another search is to exit AOL, and reload.  Any suggestions?

Almost nothing on AOL is live using the integrated AOL browser.  All web
content served to AOL members is updated daily (24 hr - 30 day updates;
24hr default at my last check).  You may need to explicitly tell proxies
to not cache search engine data and other real-time content.

You might look at the AOL content developer documentation at:
http://webmaster.aol.com/

AOL has done a good job documenting thier web content management system
(proxy, cache, etc).  They cover many common problems.  Not just AOL
related, either.  Careful caching can make the site appear to load much
faster to the user.

--
,David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039