Re: New version: swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASEo.tar.gz

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 11:36:10 GMT
David,

I found your bug...

The problem is as follows...

Affter the header are stored the offsets to the words.
The header consists of lines begining with # (char 35)
and ending with '\n'.

In your test sample the first offset is 42019 wich is
a long coded in a portable format of four chars: 35 164 0 0:

42019=256*164+35

As you can see the first char is 35!!! So when searching,
the function is reading this first offset as a line of the
header...

This does not happen in AIX and Solaris because I have
a different format in time and the "# Indexed on:!" header
field is three chars longer. So the first offset is 42022
wich is stored as 38 164 0 0.

This means that if you just add or remove a char in the config
file the first offset changes and you can find the problem!!!

To fix it I will add a null char at the end of the header to
delimite it easily.

I will put the fix in a copule of hours. It is really easy
to fix but hard to find!!

have a nice day

Jose Ruiz