RE: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE (m)

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:00:18 GMT
Hi Jose!

I tried and compiled the new version.
filtera are working fine so far.

Just a remark to the code (file.c):

       else if ((c = (char *) lstrstr(line, "FileFilter"))) {
                c += strlen("FileFilter");
                sl=parse_line(c);
                if(sl && sl->n==2) {
                    filterlist = (struct filter *)
                       addfilter(filterlist,sl->word[0],
                                    sl->word[1],filterdir);
                    freeStringList(sl);
                } else progerr("FileFilter requires two values");
            }

the c += strlen ("FileFilter") is obsolete, because your routine
parse_line() does the job already. You just have to pass
sl->word[1] and sl->word[2] (and of course check sl->n ==3)
(a slight optinmization).

I would like to include another feature into swish-e
(not yet coded). swish-e only supports a standard list of
stop words. Stopwords of other langues are to be defined in the
config file. This is IMO to complicated if you got a lot of stopwords.

I would like to propose the following directive:

      IgnoreWords   SwishDefault
      IgnoreWords   <word> [<word> ...]
new:  IgnoreWords   File: <path-to-stop-word-file>

path contains a file with stop words (separated by whitespaces).
So swish could provide default stopword files for English, German,
French, Spanish, etc. etc..

Any remarks to this?

cu - rainer