Bug-Hunt: new version of swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASE(n)

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 13:28:15 GMT
Hi!

As mentioned the filter option isn't working anymore in
the new version. swish-e is showing some words indexed for
filtered files. but this is a fake, because swish-e is trying
to index the binary itself (so it's indexing garbage).

After a little debugging, I found that a filter is never
executed, because swish-e doesn't store the file-extension
for a filter program correctly  (file.c, line 381ff - wrong
parameters passed to addfilter(), screwed-up tmp-var...).

The reason seems to be changes the config routine and in
the subroutine getwords() (file string.c).
This could effect also other options/config directives
(Ignorewords, etc.).

Someone should crosscheck this for other options, please.

BTW: I think swish-e needs a little redesign here...
 IMO there should be a routine "parse_line", which is
 delivering an array of pointers to words.

   n = parse_line (char *line,  char ** word_array)

    n = number of parsed words
    word_array = list of words

 e.g.:
    n = 3
    word_array[0] = "FileFilter"
    word_array[1] = ".pdf"
    word_array[2] = "pdffilter.sh"

Has someone such a routine (or similar) ready to run?

cu - rainer

This Mail has been checked for Viruses

* * *

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte Mails koennen NICHT geprueft werden !