Re: Future versions of swish-e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 16:45:28 GMT
At 06:47 AM 06/09/00 -0700, Jose Manuel Ruiz wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>As you know, I have made several modifications to swish-e.
>I think the package is complete to satisfy my own requirements
>but it could be improved in future versions if there are enough
>people interested on it.

>3 - A perl/php module/library?
>4 - A server?

Either of those would be great.  Some way to avoid forking swish-e on each
query would be great.

A Perl module would be great for use with mod_perl (for those with RAM to
spare).

>6 - Better sorting of results. Now there is only a descending sort.

Can that be turned off for any performance improvements?  I often post-sort
swish results.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org