RE: Why is this not recognized

From: PropheZine Webmaster <bob(at)not-real.prophezine.com>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 15:01:52 GMT
Dave:

Thanks for replying.  I do not perform Metaname searches.  This is a basic
search from http://www.prophezine.com/search/search.shtml

"escape from armageddon"  displays 0 results.

"escape armageddon"  displays many results.

The   CONFIG.H   file has this text:

#define IGNORE_STOPWORDS_IN_QUERY 1

/* Added JM 1/10/98.  Setting this to 0 (default) causes a stopword in
** an AND_RULE search to create an empty result.  Setting it to 1 simply
** ignores the stopwords and does a search on the remaining words.

Was a bug introduced and not noticed?  My config file, less the directories
to search, is listed below.

Thanks for your help on this.

Bob

#
# This is the name of the generated index file.
#
IndexFile /home/usr147/html/search/index.swish

IndexName "Index of the PropheZine Web Site"
IndexDescription "This is the index of PropheZine's web site."
IndexPointer "http://www.prophezine.com/search/"
IndexAdmin "Bob Lally (bob@prophezine.com)"
#
# Only files with these suffixes will be indexed.
#
IndexOnly .html .htm .txt .shtml

#
# This is how detailed you want reporting. You can specify numbers
# 0 to 3 - 0 is totally silent, 3 is the most verbose.
#
IndexReport 3

#
# Put "yes" to follow symbolic links in indexing, else "no".
#
FollowSymLinks yes

#
# Files with these suffixes will not have their contents indexed -
# only their file names will be indexed.
#
NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg .jpg .rm .ram .bmp

#
# ReplaceRules allow you to make changes to file pathnames
# before they're indexed.
#
ReplaceRules replace "/home/usr147/html" "http://www.prophezine.com"

#
# Files matching the listed criteria will *not* be indexed.
#
FileRules pathname contains admin test demo trash construction confidential
junk
#FileRules filename is fig2.html
#FileRules filename is fig3.html
# FileRules filename contains # % ~ .bak .orig .old old.
# FileRules title contains construction example pointers
#FileRules directory contains .htaccess

#
# This automatically omits words that appear too often in the files
# (these words are called stopwords). Specify a whole percentage
# and a number, such as "80 256". This omits words that occur in
# over 80% of the files and appear in over 256 files. Comment out
# to turn of auto-stopwording.
#
#IgnoreLimit 80 100

#
# The IgnoreWords option allows you to specify words to ignore.
# Comment out for no stopwords; the word "SwishDefault" will
# include a list of default stopwords. Words should be separated by spaces
# and may span multiple directives.
#
IgnoreWords SwishDefault