Re: Swish v1.3 problems

From: David Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 17:47:50 GMT
Andrew Linn wrote:
> The problem I have is when I try and run v1.3 with the old ocnfig files. It
> does not seem to accept the NoContents line and the IgnoreLastChar and
> IgnoreFirstChar lines. This is a bit of a problem since I have .exe, .gif
> etc

NoContents should work fine.  Make sure you aren't tripping SWISH-E into
HTTP spidering mode.  NoContents isn't valid in HTTP mode.  It should
print out which mode it is in (HTTP or FileSystem) when the indexing

I would check the syntax of IgnoreLastChar and IgnoreFirstChar.  If I
remember those two are often set to invalid values and SWISH-E 1.3 will
complain where SWISH-E 1.2 will not.

,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project -
  Dave's Web -