Re: Case sensitive?

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)>
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 17:22:11 GMT
csd_vb/MHOSP/ wrote:
> Somebody can tell me why the results for any searchs include the same URLs
> but with the only diference in the case mode?
> for example:
> and
> Are there any way to ignore case?
> I want to show the URL just once.

Because URLs are supposed to be case sensitive.  According to RFC 2068

3.2.3 URI Comparison

   When comparing two URIs to decide if they match or not, a client
   SHOULD use a case-sensitive octet-by-octet comparison of the entire

Unfortunately, some company decided that breaking the spec is an
innovation.  I did some work to make the http code configurably case
insensitive, but I would need to spend some time making sure it's ready
for prime time and I don't see that time being available anytime in the
near future.

        Ron Samuel Klatchko - Senior Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc -