Re: First Timer

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 02:42:44 GMT
Chris Wubbenhorst wrote:
> The problem is that the searches are very slow. Is this product
> designed for this use?

Do I understand this?  They're searching a table generated from a SQL
database.

> It seems it is supposed to be used for searching web-page content, not
> table column content. It is taking 8 hours every time the table is
> reindexed.

SQL is designed for this sort of stuff.  If the bulk of data is on an
SQL server then it is most probably (frighteningly) insane to search it
using SWISH.  I would suspect that you could do this natively in Oracle
very efficiently.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/