Re: Re: Status of PHRASE search

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 01:08:24 GMT
SRE wrote:
> If you don't have strcasecmp, look for stricmp or something else
> which is not case sensitive.

Doh, sorry, stricmp is what I meant to say ;-)  So, there shouldn't be
any issues assuming that stricmp (Win32) and strcasecmp (UNIX) do the
same thing.  I will do some testing of that later this evening.

> It has to be in there somewhere!

I'm sure it is.  I believe that SWISH-E uses (used?) stricmp somewhere.
Perhaps it was in the HTML parsing code.

> The only alternative would be to (UGH) make lower-case copies yourself.

That is an option which crossed my mind.  tolower() could be used as a
hack.  But, I don't think that will be necessary.

GCC and/or ld.so apparently do not play nice with 586-enhanced Linux on
my AMD K6-2...  So, I'm not able to build SWISH-E on Linux until I fix
something (i.e. throw away AMD buy Intel).  I do plan to test it out on
FreeBSD on a P-II 450 MHz.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/