Re: Permissons for spider method

From: Angel Parn <angel(at)>
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 19:22:55 GMT

> Are you running the spider on the same computer each time or are you
> running it on different computers?

I run it on the same machine. I also tried on different server (where I'm
root and can see logs), but no difference.

> Opening a socket normally does not require any special privileges.
> Could you try running the spider manually (swishspider file url) and
> find out the exact error messages being given off.

Perl doesn't have necessary modules there, says
"file not found", I don't know which. I have to talk with sysadmin
there but he knows nothing about swish-e. ;-(

When I execute my command line:
path/swish-e -s HTTP -i http://my.url/index.php3?params -f path/index -c
I get indexfile but it is empty (in the meaning of index)

Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
retrieving (0)...

Removing very common words... no words removed.
Writing main index... no unique words indexed.
Writing file index... no files indexed.
Running time: 20 seconds.
Indexing done!

Is there something to bring attention to?