Re: PHRASE SEARCH (fwd)

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 18:51:01 GMT
I would like to propose the following:

1) That those who have been active lately on upgrading SWISH-E for phrase
searching, memory leaks, etc. settle on a limited set of additional
enhancements to the phrase searching version of SWISH-E.
2) That a *coordinated* team of volunteers take on those limited set of
enhancements (or it could be one brave person) and implement them.
3) That once those enhancements have been achieved the software is
thoroughly tested by a wide range of users (us).
4) That upon fixing any bugs that this (phrase searching version plus any
other enhancements that are folded in) become SWISH-E 2.0.
5) That manual updates and changes be submitted by those who added the
capabilities (so someone like me who doesn't read C doesn't make a mess of
it)

The key part of this to me is to settle on a *limited* set of enhancements
to become 2.0, and not get into the same creeping featuritis that plagues
the Mozilla effort. How does this sound? Thanks,
Roy Tennant