Newbie questions

From: Harder, Paul <Paul_Harder(at)not-real.bmc.com>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 15:56:40 GMT
I'm trying to install swish-e version 1.3.2, and I see that it depends upon
a perl helper script.  I don't see any *.pl files in the distribution
tarball.  Do I really need it?

I want to do only http indexing, not file system indexing.  So I commented
out this line:

	//#define ALLOW_FILESYSTEM_INDEXING_DATA_SOURCE 1

Now when I run "make test", I get this output:

	./swish-e -i test.html -v -f index.swish
	Indexing Data Source: "HTTP-Crawler"
	Skipping test.html:  Wrong method or server.

	Removing very common words... no words removed.
	Writing main index... no unique words indexed.
	Writing file index... no files indexed.
	Running time: Less than a second.
	Indexing done!
	./swish-e -f index.swish -w test
	# SWISH format 1.3
	# Swish-e format 1.3
	#
	# Name: (no name)
	# Saved as: index.swish
	# Counts:
	# Indexed on: 11/04/00 10:25:07 CDT
	# Pointer: (no pointer)
	# Maintained by: (no maintainer)
	# DocumentProperties: Enabled
	# Stemming Applied: 0
	err: the index file(s) is empty
	.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dr. Paul Harder         Paul_Harder@bmc.com               713-918-1140
BMC Software, Inc.      2101 CityWest Blvd           Houston, TX 77042