Re: Alpha version Phrase Search

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 17:42:52 GMT
At 10:21 AM 4/10/00 -0700, Jose Manuel Ruiz wrote:
>Some warnings while compiling ...
>Nothing important, I think.

The danger is that OTHER, newer, warnings will sneak in later
and no one will notice. I spent quite some time nailing all
the warnings from gcc, and actually found a few real problems.
I would hope that between alpha and final release ALL of the
compiler warnings would be squashed.

>> search.c:362: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer type
>A pointer to a comparison function. It is not important. It works.

How about casting as needed to eliminate the warning?
I've found that things which happen to work on SunOS may
not just happen to work on HPUX, for example, but they
often will work if cast properly.

>> httpserver.c:134: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)
>Warnings in http.c and httpserver.c are from the original
>files. I have not modified these files.

Hmmm. I didn't see that when I compiled the previous version.
Could it be system include file differences?

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
 I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
     -- Mother Teresa