Re: FS and ~user

From: Bruce Bowler <bbowler(at)not-real.bigelow.org>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 12:40:00 GMT
Well poop.  After all that, it appears as if indexdir doesn't take an RE,
so I can't say IndexDir /home/*/public_html.

Oh well, off to write a config generating script that will :-)

At 06:19 PM 4/6/00 , Steve Thomas wrote:
>Bruce Bowler wrote:
> >
> > I'm beginning to remember now why I used the http method on my old
> server...
> >
> > Does anyone have an example config file that uses the fs method and deals
> > properly with ~user urls (specifically the ReplaceRule needed to get a
> > valid URL into the database)?
>
>Yes: assuming your user web docs are in /home/user/public_html, use
>these two lines:
>
>ReplaceRules replace "/home/" "/~"
>ReplaceRules replace "/public_html/" "/"
>
>These will convert /home/user/public_html/somefile.html to
>/~user/somefile.html
>

>Steve

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@bigelow.org
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/