Re: Web Hosting Compalints about Indexing with

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 18:31:39 GMT
At 06:29 AM 3/6/00 -0800, Eric Haymaker wrote:
>10,564,213 kb. They asked us to mirror the site on a computer of our own,
>index with swish-e on the mirror site, and then upload the index to their
>server.  Will that work?

Yes. I extract index files on several different operating systems
and instead of merging the results I use JSWISHI to allow separate
or combined searches of the various index files.
  http://www.climber.org/scripts/swishSearch.cgi
Extraction on WinNT, Solaris, and others all seem to work on a
web server running FreeBSD on a Pentium.