RE: Swish-E and HTML documents with frames

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 12:20:01 GMT
Saskia Beeser asked:
> Is it going to be an official version?

I am currently testing this new addition to the spider. So far it has
behaved well and has indexed everything we expected it to.

This update will however be in no way an 'official' one. It will simply be
a version of the spider which people may try at their own risk.

When I do upload it, I will try and explain how it works and what its
limitations are. If you look in at the recent discussion emails, you may
see those passed between myself and Ron Samuel Klatchko which illustrate
some of the problems associated with using Swish-E to index frameset html
pages.

I hope this is helpful. If all goes well I will try and upload something by
this afternoon.

Chris Humphries.