Re: Swish-E and HTML documents with frames

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 18:39:52 GMT
Yes, Ron, that's fine, thanks - I just wanted to make sure I understand
exactly what case you were describing.

The way my system works, all the "frame src" links are read to create one
big file, and *any* "a href" links found in any of those files are returned
as if they were from that one big file. This means that to get at any <A>
tags in the HTML pages you describe, one would need to set the spider to
read to a depth of 2.

I realise that this may not be what everyone wants, but it is just the way
we are testing at the moment.

I would be happy to allow people to customise the retrieval behaviour to
some extent - I don't think it would be too difficult to do that.

Chris Humphries