Re: metadata & properties

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas(at)not-real.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 01:52:33 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> At 09:00 PM 02/22/00 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >So my config file contains these lines:
> >
> >MetaNames DC.Identifier DC.Description
> >PropertyNames DC.Identifier DC.Description
> >

> >This works well, except that the content of the DC.description does not
> >seem to be searchable.
>
> Are you specifying the MetaName in the search?
>
> You have to search -w DC.Description=(search words) to say you want to look
> in that field.

Oh yeah -- I knew that. But what I want is really the best of both
worlds: I want to be able to use that Metaname as a property (to include
in search results) AND I want to include its content words in the
"general" index. It doesn't matter much, because the work-around is to
add the words to some other meta, e.g. DC.subject.

BTW, I take it that PropertyNames must be specified in MetaNames?  I
assumed that, haven't tried not.

Thanks,

Steve