Re: Autoswish Capabilities

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:46:42 GMT
PropheZine Owner wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure of the capabilities or full purpose of Autoswish.   Is
> it possible for autoswish that is installed on server A to index server B
> through the net?
>
> Is this part of the purpose of Autoswish?

AutoSWISH was designed to allow you to edit/create SWISH indices from
the web.  For example, you have a bunch of users and you want them to be
able to index their web directory without having to manually edit SWISH
config files.  It was just a web interface to the filesystem indexer.
The HTTP (Spider) indexer didn't exist then.  AutoSWISH has not been
maintained since around SWISH-E/1.1, as far as I know.  It was pulled
because of security concerns.  I've seen occasional mention of people
wanting to rewrite or update it.  But, I've not seen any mention of
success.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/