Re: CPU usage ober 50%, swish-e crash

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas(at)not-real.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 02:02:27 GMT
Wenlong Wang wrote:

> In addition, when we run swish-e to index a directory with about total
> 25 MB files and subdirectories, swish-e run about 2 hours and then
> crashed. There was no output file.

I am also new to swish-e -- but I have years of experience with the
original swish, so this could be the answer:

We used to find that swish would crash as you describe -- and it turned
out to be that we were trying to index some kind of binary file -- .bin,
.exe, .sit etc.

To fix that, make sure that your config file excludes those file types,
e.g.

  FileRules filename contains .tiff .gif .jpg .hqx .sit .bin .exe

Steve