Re: Swish-E indexing

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:04:32 GMT
Chris Humphries wrote:
> .contents file had the contents of the html file (it was 6,426 bytes)
>
> .links file was not created (the file does have links - could this be a
> problem?)
>
> .response file contained just the text "200" (another file - which indexed
> correctly - returned "200
> text/html, text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" in the response file. Could
> *this* be a/the problem?)

That is most definitely a problem.  For successful requests (which the
200 signifies), the second line is supposed to contain the content-type.

So, I just tried the URL and it turns out that the IFAC web server is
not setting the content-type.  I'm guessing that web browsers default
the content-type to text/html when the content-type is not set.  I'll
work up a patch to handle this case and post it soon (hopefully today,
but if things get crazy, it might not be until next week).

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com