Re: Fwd: Re: Configuration Problems

From: J. Steven Harrison <steve(at)not-real.sns.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 19:47:28 GMT
At 09:45 AM 1/7/00 -0800, you wrote:
>"J. Steven Harrison" wrote:
> > ReplaceRules replace "C:/Progra~1/Micros~3" "/CompLib"
> >
> > When a search is executed the replace rule doesn't seem to be working.
>
>Just to make sure, do you have the ReplaceRules in the configuration
>file during indexing (that's when ReplaceRules are applied)?

Yes they are

>Also, have you tried playing around with using back slashes in the first
>part of your ReplaceRules?  Officially Windows does not use slashes as
>path separators so you might be hitting some issue regarding that.

I've tried so many combinations I am about to take a trip up to Redmond and
shoot somebody.

Give me back my UNIX environment!

>moo
>            Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
>             Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com

---
Dr. J. Steven Harrison                       steve@sns.com
45034 Imnaha Court                          (510)623-8651 Voice/FAX
Fremont, CA 94539-6669                   (510)410-3073 Cellular
(510)623-8652 Data
Systems'n'Software                           http://www.sns.com