Re: Fwd: Re: Configuration Problems

From: J. Steven Harrison <steve(at)not-real.sns.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 14:36:40 GMT
At 02:14 PM 1/6/00 -0800, you wrote:

> it. I

> > >ReplaceRules prepend "file://"
> > >ReplaceRules replace "C:" "C|"
> >
> > If I do this then all files are local to the machine where the browser is
> > running. Works great for a browser running on that machine, but when it's
> > deployed the files that we want developers to be able to search for will
> > only be on one server. This means that they are not seeing the files on the
> > remote machine.
>
>Well then, use a rewrite rule to change your path into a valid HTTP
>URL.  It's impossible to give specific instructions without knowing your
>exact HTTP server configuration so the best I can do is give you some
>generalizations.  Assume everything in C:/Progra~1/Micros~3 is available
>as the prefix /MS.  Therefore, the path
>C:/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C is available as
>/MS/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C.  You can then use the following:
>
>ReplaceRules replace "C:/Progra~1/Micros~3" "/MS"
>
>moo
>            Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
>             Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com

I have tried this already.

>IndexDir is set to C:/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98. Swish seems to need IndexDir
>to be a real directory not an IIS Virtual Directory.

The Virtual Directory that is configured in IIS is CompLib so my
ReplaceRule is as follows:

ReplaceRules replace "C:/Progra~1/Micros~3" "/CompLib"

When a search is executed the replace rule doesn't seem to be working.

So far I had assumed that this was because pf the IndexDir setting and the
way the index then gets generated.

Am I wrong should this be working?

Steve
And thanks a lot for the patience and help!

---
Dr. J. Steven Harrison                       steve@sns.com
45034 Imnaha Court                          (510)623-8651 Voice/FAX
Fremont, CA 94539-6669                   (510)410-3073 Cellular
(510)623-8652 Data
Systems'n'Software                           http://www.sns.com