Re: Configuration Problems

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 18:45:46 GMT
"J. Steven Harrison" wrote:
> When I double click on any of the file names I get the following:
> http://gandalf.sns.com/scripts/C:/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C

I'm not sure what end result you are seeking.  But, you will likely need
to use some replace rules in your SWISH-E config.

If you're trying to access the file via HTTP method, then the URL should
look something like:
http://gandalf.sns.com/scripts/OPEN.C

If you're trying to access via file method, then you need some
additional code in your script to translate the funky DOS names into
something resembling a URL.
Such as (local access):
  file:///C|/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Something/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C
or possibly (local access):
  file:///Program%20Files/Microsoft%Something/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C
or remote access:
  file://machine/sharename/and/file.c

File method access on Windows is flaky because of the wierd filesystem
layout.  On Unix, file method URLs would look like:
For local access:
  file:/directory/and/file.c
For remote access:
  file://machine/directory/and/file.c

--
,David Norris, ARS: KG9AE
  Tri-State APRS Working Group (TAWG): IN25