Re: TITLETOPLINES

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 17:31:24 GMT
Louis Proyect wrote:

> Okay, on yesterday's suggestion, I tried to put this in:
>
> directive TITLETOPLINES 24
>
> But I get a message saying,
>
> "Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
> Bad directive on line #143: define TITLETOPLINES 24
>
> Now I hate to sound totally stupid, but it is necessary to remove the pound
> sign in order for the directive to take effect?
>
> "#directive TITLETOPLINES 24" has no effect. Right?

The # is necessary.  The easiest thing to do is get a copy of the
original file and simply change the 12 to 24 (or whatever).  The line
should look like:

#define TITLETOPLINES 24

This is confusing for many people coming from Perl/Python/Shell
programming.  There, a # introduces a comment while in C (or technically
the C preprocessor), it introduces a preprocessor command.

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com