Re: <Title> sometimes ignored (or replaced?)

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 20:32:51 GMT
Louis Proyect wrote:
> I am using a mail-to-html converter called MHonArc, which like other
> products, converts each email message into a standard format, in this case
> named "msgxxxxx.html". When I do a Swish search, I get some links back with
> the proper caption derived from the html <Title>. In other cases, it gives
> me the name of the file, as in msg00479.html. Any clues?

SWISH has a compile time limitation placed on how many lines into the
file it looks for the title.  The value that comes with the distribution
is 12.  If the title line starts more then 12 lines into your HTML on
the files that are funky, edit config.h and modify the line:

  #define TITLETOPLINES 12

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com