Re: RE: Failing to find a word

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 17:09:39 GMT
At 10:38 AM 10/8/99 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
>Here's my patch.  It's been a long time since I wrote any C. Could someone
>please check my work?  It took me a while just to remember how to do a
>strcpy()!

Well, someone should have checked my work.  It turns out that the
expandstar() function processes more than just search keywords: it
processes the entire query passed to Swish -- something I didn't expect.
This becomes a problem if MetaNames are used, as they are also passed to
the expandstar() routine.  (I'm not sure why one would want to expand meta
names.)

My current patch doesn't stem or expand metanames.  Email me if you are
using stemming and want that patch.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org