RE: Combining index files

From: Bob Lally <boblally(at)>
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 14:40:32 GMT

I know that index files can be merged.  That's no problem.  But, can you
merge index files made on 3 distinct web servers into 1 index file
maintaining the links to the correct files.

For instance, on 3 servers (and therefore in 3 index files) I have the word
"automobile". I would like to be able to combine the index files from these
3 servers (call it mainindexfile) and have the URL's to the files

For example:  The results for a search using mainindexfile (3 combined)
using keyword: "automobile"  would produce, say 27 pages.    The first 3
URL's in this example point to pages on 3 servers: