RE: swish-e, endless loop on search

From: <STEPHANE_MEIER(at)not-real.Non-HP-Switzerland-om1.om.hp.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 09:05:12 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I do not know about Solaris, but what I know is that the memory footprint
of the indexing increases a lot as the indexing progresses (about 3-4
times the index size on hp-ux). So if your computer has little memory
available, there are a large number of processes running, or the total
memory available is small, then a lot of paging/swapping will be required
to create the index. The more paging occurs, the slower the process.

Did you check with the command "top" as you index to see how much time is
consumed, and how much memory is taken?

Stephane