Re: Re: AND and OR do not work

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 23:23:07 GMT
At 05:13 PM 7/12/99 -0400, Al Gordon wrote:
>Ron,
>
>Thank you for the suggestion.
>
>I tried running swish-e using the command line interface (via telnet) and
>searching for multiple terms connected by 'and' and 'or', and it all works
>perfectly! Therefore, as you suggest, the problem must be in the front end
>that is generating the command line for swish-e.
>
>The search form is at http://www.islet.org/search.htm . Although I am not
much
>of a Unix expert, it appears that the form runs 'query.pl' which in turn
>generates the command line for swish-e.
>
>Is there a way that I can display the command line being generated?

There is no standard front end for SWISH-E, so I'm not sure if yours has a
way to display the command line.  You'll need to hack at the file to do
this.  It really shouldn't be too hard if you have some basic programming
skills available.  If not, if you make the source code for query.pl
available on your web site, I'm sure some kind soul will be willing to take
a look at it and figure out your problem.

moo

                        ron@library.ucsf.edu