RE: size limitations or...

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)not-real.ghs.fr>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 11:36:20 GMT
I have the same problem, but I list all files to index in the config file.
When there is more than 4000 files in the config file, this error occurs.  I didn't test heavily this cases, but I think swish-e reads all filenames, and stores them, before indexing. If there is too much filenames, it stops, without overwriting the preceding index file.
The solution (for me, as I list all files in the config file) is to create multiple sub-indexes, and merge them. I don't know how you could handle you case, if the problem is the same. Maybe create an index for each subdirectory of your HTML tree, and then merge them. Or use the spider that retreives each file one by one...

Yours,

Nicolas Huillard
G.H.S
Directeur Technique