RE: Limit to sub-directories

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)>
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 18:02:59 GMT
>  I know that this is a question that has been asked before, but I've yet
> find an answer--- is there a swish-e front end which allows you to pass
> directories to the engine, so that when a search is made, only results
> certain directories are chosen, but still only using one index file?

I can't imagine that this would be very hard to implement at all.  It should
be just plain simple to do in the front-end.  That would depend on the
front-end being modified, of course.  However, it would probably be more
efficient to write a custom search routine in C.

Anyway, give me some more details.  Maybe I could help a bit.  For instance,
what script are you using currently?  (Be forewarned, PERL makes my head
hurt ;-)

,David Norris

World Wide Web -
Home Computer -