Re: Swish-e usage and requirements

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig(at)>
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 22:15:11 GMT
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Roy Tennant <> wrote:
> I would dearly love to be able to redistribute it again, since I
> believe it offers an important service for SWISH-E users, but we
> don't have any time at the moment to rewrite it.

Well, I'm not prepared to go as far as suggesting that SWISH-E is
useless without Autoswish B^), but the audience for SWISH-E is
clearly quite a bit larger if you can distribute a basic plug and
play interface...

Although I have downloaded and compiled the new SWISH-E (1.3.2?) code,
I haven't upgraded yet.  Since I localized AutoSwish here anyway, I'd
need to review all that for compatibility if I upgrade, I guess.

I was hoping to upgrade over the summer so that I could play with the
spider, but given this is already July 7...  If I get some free time
to play with this more, I'll send you my notes.

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information
   21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C.   20036
   Internet:   AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098