Re: Swish-e usage and requirements

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig(at)not-real.cni.org>
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 22:15:11 GMT
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Roy Tennant <rtennant@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I would dearly love to be able to redistribute it again, since I
> believe it offers an important service for SWISH-E users, but we
> don't have any time at the moment to rewrite it.

Well, I'm not prepared to go as far as suggesting that SWISH-E is
useless without Autoswish B^), but the audience for SWISH-E is
clearly quite a bit larger if you can distribute a basic plug and
play interface...

Although I have downloaded and compiled the new SWISH-E (1.3.2?) code,
I haven't upgraded yet.  Since I localized AutoSwish here anyway, I'd
need to review all that for compatibility if I upgrade, I guess.

I was hoping to upgrade over the summer so that I could play with the
spider, but given this is already July 7...  If I get some free time
to play with this more, I'll send you my notes.
--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information