Re: Re: Swish-e usage and requirements

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 22:05:37 GMT
We stopped distributed AutoSwish for two reasons:

1) Perl security concerns
2) Incompatibility with current releases of SWISH-E

Number 2 led to any number of calls for support from those wondering why
things weren't working. I would dearly love to be able to redistribute it
again, since I believe it offers an important service for SWISH-E users,
but we don't have any time at the moment to rewrite it.

If anyone would like to take on the rewrite of AutoSwish, please let me
know. I would be happy to pass on some suggested interface changes, and
once it is completed we would offer it for downloading along with SWISH-E.
Thanks,
Roy