Re: Frames

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley(at)not-real.bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 13:10:04 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Matteo Barbieri wrote:

> I successfully created my first index file in filesystem mode..
> In http mode I found that the robot doesn't traverse the site
> but stops on the first html
> I don't get back any error so I am wondering if the spider is
> frame aware.

As an aside, it's difficult in the general case building a
frameset-aware robot and search tool, since the composite-frameset
doesn't have its own URL, so you'd need to auto-generate the appropriate
frameset and populate it with the two or three appropriate URLs if you
wanted to present users with the pages they'd found. (otherwise you can
show them the page, but they'd lose all navigational context from the
surrounding frame parts)

Dan

--
Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk