Re: Search Applet

From: Kenneth Green <kenneth_green(at)not-real.hp.com>
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 23:02:34 GMT
FYI,

Works OK in MS Explorer 4.0 but not at all in Netscape Communicator 4.5.

In NS4.5, the frame at the top of the window has a blank white
rectangle,
but no form content. I did not get any error messages, but obviously,
cannot
use the search facility

Rgds,
Kenneth

Christian.Werner@t-online.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for a CDROM I needed a platform independent text search feature and
> programmed a Java Applet which reads and operates on a SWISH-E index
> file on the CDROM. The sources of that applet and a small demonstration
> of it can be obtained from
> http://home.t-online.de/home/Christian.Werner. Comments, fixes and
> general feedback is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Christian
>
> Christian.Werner@t-online.de

Kenneth Green                           +61 3 8877 5541 Tel. & Voicemail
R&D Project Manager                     +61 3 8877 5550 FAX
                                        kenneth_green@hp.com
Advanced Networks Division              PO Box 221, Blackburn Vic 3130
Hewlett-Packard Australia Ltd           AUSTRALIA