Re: Parsing the results to get just the file path etc...

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 18:14:13 GMT
At 03:19 AM 6/10/99 -0700, Michael McLaughlin wrote:
>1) How can I strip out just the <path name> and <file name> from my search
>results -- get rid of some of the verbose output? The idea is to channel
>these to a separate file.
>I suppose I could write a Perl script, but my guess is that this has been
>done before...

A perl frontend would be the easiest way to do this.  The regular expression:
  /^(\d+)\s+(\S+)\s+"(.+)"\s+(\d+)/

matches the output line.  In order, it maches score, url, title and bytes.
Print out only what you want.

>2) Swish 1.1.4 is fine for searching my Linux box. But if I want to search
>remote web sites ("spider") do I need a more up to date version?
>Presumably, SWISH-E is needed.

Yes.

> If so, is it available for Linux -- in RPM form. I'm still not brave
>enough to try compiling source code yet.

The standard release is source code only although perhaps someone out there
has created an RPM.

moo
                        ron@library.ucsf.edu