using multiple meta tags and parentheses in search

From: Robert Lebowitz <lebowitz(at)not-real.finaltouch.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 17:46:29 GMT
I am trying to conduct a search where I specify more than one meta tag to be
used in the search.  Unfortunately, the results that are coming back are
incorrect when the search becomes more complex, suggesting that I'm using
the wrong syntax in my search statements.

I'm using the v 1.3.1 binary for NT from geocities, in case this is a
consideration.

anyhow, here's what I'm trying to do:

swishe -w "(level1=(x or y or z) or level2=(q or r or s)) and (target1 =
m)" -f myindex

Exactly when can parentheses be employed, and can I use mutiple metatags.
Oh, and yes, I did specify them in the configuration file before I built the

Rob