RE: NT Interface or Perl on PWS 3

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 00:30:51 GMT
> Has anyone a nice NT interface of Swish-E, preferably in a .exe form ?

I know that there have been a few folks who wrote CGI and ISAPI interfaces
in C.  But, to my knowledge the code isn't publicly available.  If you want
to write your own in C, then let me know.  I may be able to dig up a few
good code examples.

You could try to use my PHP3-based interface.  PHP3 has an install script
that will insert all of the registry entries required for PWS/IIS 2 or 3.
It doesn't take any further configuration.  PWS/IIS 4 is another story, they
have a bug which prevents them from properly importing script-engine
settings from the registry.  You have to manually configure the PWS/IIS 4
'hive' for PHP with the management console.

PHP is an Open Source(tm) script engine and language that runs under Unix,
Windows, MacOS(MachTen), and many other systems.
http://www.php.net/

My Simple Web Search script is at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1652/software.html#simplesearch

,David Norris