Re: Problems with Indexing Meta Tags

From: Chris Blackstone <cblackst(at)>
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:02:35 GMT
The following line of code in the header of a file prevents swish-e from
spidering the file corectly

Netscape and other editors insert lines like this.
If I leave the 'MetaNames' property blank with nothing after it, swish-e
still doesn't spider correctly. Only if I remove the "<META HTTP...."
line does it work fine.

Any ideas?

David Norris wrote:
> What specifically is causing it not to index correctly?  Read the comments
> for the 'MetaNames' property in the user.config.  You just don't specify any
> MetaNames.  If that doesn't do it, then there is likely some problem.
>  ,David Norris
> World Wide Web -
> Home Computer -
> Page via mail -
> ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
> E-Mail -

Chris Blackstone
Web Services Coordinator

Arlington Public Schools -- 1426 N. Quincy Street -- Arlington, VA 22207
Tel: 703/228-6185
Fax: 703/875-9491
Pager: 703/612-3042