Re: asp pages dont index title

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 16:05:10 GMT
At 08:37 AM 5/26/99 -0700, Michael DeVivio wrote:
>I am new to this forum. I set up the NT port of swish-e and was able to
>successfully index my site done in asp. However on asp pages, it
>substitutes the file name for the page title. This does not happen for
>pages with a html extension. Any ideas why this is happening and how can I
>fix this? I really like swish-e which I used on a BSDI box but have to work
>with NT on this project.

Assuming you're using the file system access methods, SWISH-E only parses
titles for files that it recognizes as html files.  Currently, only files
that have prefixes that begin with .htm, .HTM, .shtml or .SHTML are
recognized as html files.  Unfortunately, this list is hard coded into the
server rather then being a configuration option.

The quickest hack would be to modify the source code to add new extensions
to the list.  You can do this by modifying ishtml() in fs.c.

moo
                        ron@library.ucsf.edu